OK, so my Windows install trashed itself. I had a backup, but restore fails with "data corruption". Not so terrible because I'm not a Windows user, but as it's frustrating to see a restore "almost" finish but fail, I was wondering if there is any way to salvage a tbi file that has "data corruption".
I don't have much hope, but...
Thierry
Data corruption when restoring (IFL)
-
TeraByte Support
- Posts: 4105
- Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm
Re: Data corruption when restoring (IFL)
It's common that when Windows is crashing and "trashed itself" and validation/corruption failures trying to restore that you have a hardware issue, typically memory. See https://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/kb ... e-message/
-
OldNavyGuy
- Posts: 237
- Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:08 am
Re: Data corruption when restoring (IFL)
If you use Memtest86+, you'll need to turn off Secure Boot first in the BIOS if it's enabled.