Data corruption when restoring (IFL)

User discussion and information resource forum for TeraByte Drive Image products, including TBNetManage.
Post Reply
tcoulon
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2025 9:06 am

Data corruption when restoring (IFL)

Post by tcoulon »

OK, so my Windows install trashed itself. I had a backup, but restore fails with "data corruption". Not so terrible because I'm not a Windows user, but as it's frustrating to see a restore "almost" finish but fail, I was wondering if there is any way to salvage a tbi file that has "data corruption".

I don't have much hope, but...

Thierry
TeraByte Support
Posts: 4105
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm

Re: Data corruption when restoring (IFL)

Post by TeraByte Support »

It's common that when Windows is crashing and "trashed itself" and validation/corruption failures trying to restore that you have a hardware issue, typically memory. See https://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/kb ... e-message/
OldNavyGuy
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:08 am

Re: Data corruption when restoring (IFL)

Post by OldNavyGuy »

If you use Memtest86+, you'll need to turn off Secure Boot first in the BIOS if it's enabled.
Post Reply