External Drive Question
External Drive Question
I have just purchased an external enclosure that can run a SATA drive. I have a 128gb SSD that I plan to use in it. The enclosure can run USB 3 . I bought a PCI-E Express USB 3 card to connect it to my desk top. Will any of this cause a problem with Image for Windows?
Re: External Drive Question
On Thu, 17 Oct 2013 14:37:54 PDT, just as I was about to take a herb,
WilliamP disturbed my reverie and wrote:
>I have just purchased an external enclosure that can run a SATA drive. I have a 128gb SSD that I plan to use in it. The enclosure can run USB 3 . I bought a PCI-E Express USB 3 card to connect it to my desk top. Will any of this cause a problem with Image for Windows?
>
As you have already bought the kit, why not just try it out and live a
little?
--
Cheers,
DrT
** Stress - the condition brought about by having to
** resist the temptation to beat the living daylights
** out of someone who richly deserves it.
WilliamP disturbed my reverie and wrote:
>I have just purchased an external enclosure that can run a SATA drive. I have a 128gb SSD that I plan to use in it. The enclosure can run USB 3 . I bought a PCI-E Express USB 3 card to connect it to my desk top. Will any of this cause a problem with Image for Windows?
>
As you have already bought the kit, why not just try it out and live a
little?
--
Cheers,
DrT
** Stress - the condition brought about by having to
** resist the temptation to beat the living daylights
** out of someone who richly deserves it.
Re: External Drive Question
I certainly didn't intend to disturb your herb consumption or your reverie. I just wanted to know if a PCI-E card can be used to create and then re-install a back up image?
Re: External Drive Question
WilliamP,
> Will any of this cause a problem with Image for Windows?
Nope, should work fine.
IF you ever decide to use say IFD/IFL/BiBM, be sure that external drive
is powered up BEFORE you boot into any of those tools, or they might
not see it otherwise.
--
Jim L.
Using - Virtual Access(OLR)
http://www.virtual-access.org
6.3.0.5 and Windows 7 Service Pack 1 build 7601
> Will any of this cause a problem with Image for Windows?
Nope, should work fine.
IF you ever decide to use say IFD/IFL/BiBM, be sure that external drive
is powered up BEFORE you boot into any of those tools, or they might
not see it otherwise.
--
Jim L.
Using - Virtual Access(OLR)
http://www.virtual-access.org
6.3.0.5 and Windows 7 Service Pack 1 build 7601
Re: External Drive Question
Thank you for the info.