External Drive Question

User discussion and information resource forum for TeraByte Drive Image products, including TBNetManage.
Post Reply
WilliamP
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:59 pm

External Drive Question

Post by WilliamP »

I have just purchased an external enclosure that can run a SATA drive. I have a 128gb SSD that I plan to use in it. The enclosure can run USB 3 . I bought a PCI-E Express USB 3 card to connect it to my desk top. Will any of this cause a problem with Image for Windows?
DrTeeth
Posts: 1289
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:58 pm

Re: External Drive Question

Post by DrTeeth »

On Thu, 17 Oct 2013 14:37:54 PDT, just as I was about to take a herb,
WilliamP disturbed my reverie and wrote:

>I have just purchased an external enclosure that can run a SATA drive. I have a 128gb SSD that I plan to use in it. The enclosure can run USB 3 . I bought a PCI-E Express USB 3 card to connect it to my desk top. Will any of this cause a problem with Image for Windows?
>
As you have already bought the kit, why not just try it out and live a
little?
--

Cheers,

DrT

** Stress - the condition brought about by having to
** resist the temptation to beat the living daylights
** out of someone who richly deserves it.
WilliamP
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:59 pm

Re: External Drive Question

Post by WilliamP »

I certainly didn't intend to disturb your herb consumption or your reverie. I just wanted to know if a PCI-E card can be used to create and then re-install a back up image?
a1pcfixer
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:13 am

Re: External Drive Question

Post by a1pcfixer »

WilliamP,

> Will any of this cause a problem with Image for Windows?

Nope, should work fine.

IF you ever decide to use say IFD/IFL/BiBM, be sure that external drive
is powered up BEFORE you boot into any of those tools, or they might
not see it otherwise.
--

Jim L.
Using - Virtual Access(OLR)
http://www.virtual-access.org
6.3.0.5 and Windows 7 Service Pack 1 build 7601

WilliamP
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:59 pm

Re: External Drive Question

Post by WilliamP »

Thank you for the info.
Post Reply