2008 pdf for automating linux backup

User discussion and information resource forum for TeraByte Drive Image products, including TBNetManage.
Post Reply
badams_ios
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 6:53 pm

2008 pdf for automating linux backup

Post by badams_ios »

There is an article from 2008 on how to automate a backup on linux (http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=354) but I don't want to play with an artivle that's 5 years old until I've confirmation that It'll work with a modern system.

Is it safe?
TeraByte Support(TP)
Posts: 305
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:22 pm

Re: 2008 pdf for automating linux backup

Post by TeraByte Support(TP) »

badams_ios wrote:
> There is an article from 2008 on how to automate a backup on linux
> (http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=354) but I don't want
> to play with an artivle that's 5 years old until I've confirmation that
> It'll work with a modern system.
>
> Is it safe?

A significant part of that article deals with configurng and working with Grub, and that's out of date because it's covers the old version Grub (called Grub legacy now). The article is intended for users who run a Linux distro as their OS, and want to set up a Grub menu item to boot into IFL from, do a backup with IFL, then reboot back into the Linux OS.
badams_ios
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 6:53 pm

Re: 2008 pdf for automating linux backup

Post by badams_ios »

As I feared. How does one automate a linux backup? I want to do one full one x often, and what's changed between without having to intervene.
Brian K
Posts: 2720
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:11 am

Re: 2008 pdf for automating linux backup

Post by Brian K »

badams_ios,

You can use this method.

http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/howto/ ... otfile.htm
badams_ios
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 6:53 pm

Re: 2008 pdf for automating linux backup

Post by badams_ios »

Automating a LINUX backup!
Brian K
Posts: 2720
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:11 am

Re: 2008 pdf for automating linux backup

Post by Brian K »

badams_ios wrote:
> Automating a LINUX backup!

OK. No Windows partition. You can create an IFL partition which will run an auto script to backup your Mint. Instructions are in the IFL download.
Post Reply