There is an article from 2008 on how to automate a backup on linux (http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=354) but I don't want to play with an artivle that's 5 years old until I've confirmation that It'll work with a modern system.
Is it safe?
2008 pdf for automating linux backup
-
TeraByte Support(TP)
- Posts: 305
- Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:22 pm
Re: 2008 pdf for automating linux backup
badams_ios wrote:
> There is an article from 2008 on how to automate a backup on linux
> (http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=354) but I don't want
> to play with an artivle that's 5 years old until I've confirmation that
> It'll work with a modern system.
>
> Is it safe?
A significant part of that article deals with configurng and working with Grub, and that's out of date because it's covers the old version Grub (called Grub legacy now). The article is intended for users who run a Linux distro as their OS, and want to set up a Grub menu item to boot into IFL from, do a backup with IFL, then reboot back into the Linux OS.
> There is an article from 2008 on how to automate a backup on linux
> (http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=354) but I don't want
> to play with an artivle that's 5 years old until I've confirmation that
> It'll work with a modern system.
>
> Is it safe?
A significant part of that article deals with configurng and working with Grub, and that's out of date because it's covers the old version Grub (called Grub legacy now). The article is intended for users who run a Linux distro as their OS, and want to set up a Grub menu item to boot into IFL from, do a backup with IFL, then reboot back into the Linux OS.
-
badams_ios
- Posts: 42
- Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 6:53 pm
Re: 2008 pdf for automating linux backup
As I feared. How does one automate a linux backup? I want to do one full one x often, and what's changed between without having to intervene.
-
badams_ios
- Posts: 42
- Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 6:53 pm
Re: 2008 pdf for automating linux backup
Automating a LINUX backup!
Re: 2008 pdf for automating linux backup
badams_ios wrote:
> Automating a LINUX backup!
OK. No Windows partition. You can create an IFL partition which will run an auto script to backup your Mint. Instructions are in the IFL download.
> Automating a LINUX backup!
OK. No Windows partition. You can create an IFL partition which will run an auto script to backup your Mint. Instructions are in the IFL download.