Error message when booting with IFD Boot Disk

User discussion and information resource forum for TeraByte Drive Image products, including TBNetManage.
Brian K
Posts: 2720
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Error message when booting with IFD Boot Disk

Post by Brian K »

wombat1940,

You aren't having much luck. Use an IFL disk as it will boot in UEFI and non UEFI systems. An IFD disk won't, without extra steps. Your Win8.1 computer sounds like a UEFI system.

IFL disks are the easiest to make. Just a few clicks.
wombat1940
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:50 pm

Re: Error message when booting with IFD Boot Disk

Post by wombat1940 »

Brian K wrote:
> wombat1940,
>
> You aren't having much luck. Use an IFL disk as it will boot in UEFI and
> non UEFI systems. An IFD disk won't, without extra steps. Your Win8.1
> computer sounds like a UEFI system.
>
> IFL disks are the easiest to make. Just a few clicks.

>THANKS BRIAN.
>JUST TO CLARIFY:
>I UNDERSTAND ALL WIN8.1 ARE UEFI.
>I HAVE MADE A IFL BOOT DISKS GENERATED WITH BOTH THE CUI AND GUI DOWNLOADS.
>BOTH WILL BOOT MY NOTEBOOK TO A DOS "WINDOW" BUT EACH HAVE A DIFFERENT SELECTION OF RESOLUTION CHOICES
1024 X 768, 800 X 600, ETC BUT NON OF THE SELECTIONS WORK. MY NOTEBOOK IS WIDESCREEN, 9 X 5 I THINK, NOT 4 X 3.
>IFL DISK WILL NOT BOOT ON MY 8.1 NOTEBOOK.

>I HAVE SAY, YOU TRY TO USE IFW AS STAND ALONE, BUT YOU ARE DRAGGED TO IFD AND NOW IFL TO GET IT TO WORK. SORRY, TRY TO GET IT TO WORK. I DON'T THINK
ITS TERABYTES FAULTS, ITS GOOD OLD MICROSOFT. BUT THEY'LL FIX IT WITH WIN9 WHICH IS DUE OUT NEXT WEEK I THINK. DON'T START ME :roll:
>WHERE'S IFA? :lol:
Brian K
Posts: 2720
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Error message when booting with IFD Boot Disk

Post by Brian K »

wombat1940 wrote:

> >I UNDERSTAND ALL WIN8.1 ARE UEFI.

Not really. Mine isn't.



> >I HAVE SAY, YOU TRY TO USE IFW AS STAND ALONE,

You can create an IFW boot disk. See here....

http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/howto/ ... torial.htm

You are having a bad run. IFL boots in all my computers. As does IFW (TBWinRE).

Wombat? Australian?
wombat1940
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:50 pm

Re: Error message when booting with IFD Boot Disk

Post by wombat1940 »

Brian K wrote:
> wombat1940 wrote:
>
> > >I UNDERSTAND ALL WIN8.1 ARE UEFI.
>
> Not really. Mine isn't.
>
>
>
> > >I HAVE to SAY, YOU TRY TO USE IFW AS STAND ALONE,
>
> You can create an IFW boot disk. See here....
>
> http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/howto/ ... torial.htm
>
> You are having a bad run. IFL boots in all my computers. As does IFW (TBWinRE).
>
> Wombat? Australian? YES, MATE. ;)

I'VE TRIED BOTH IFW AND IFD BOOT DISKS BUT TRYING TO AVOID TBWinRE.
i'LL TALK MORE ABOUT IFL IN A MOMENT .... DOING SOME TESTING .....
wombat1940
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:50 pm

Re: Error message when booting with IFD Boot Disk

Post by wombat1940 »

1. IF I USE MY IFD BOOT DISK IT JUST OPENS WINDOWS. :cry:

2. IF I USE MY IFL CUI BOOT DISK I CAN BOOT FROM IT (HAVE TO USE <F11> TO STOP IT AUTO WINDOWS BOOTING) TO GET TO CHOICE BOOTING OPTIONS.
I SELECT THE DVD DRIVE, I GET A MESSAGE "SECURE BOOT NOT E4NABLED" AND THEN GO TO A DOS "WINDOW" WITH THE FOLLOWING CHOICES:
IFL (CUI) NBD 1024 X 768 FBM
or 800 X 600
or 640 X 320
WHEN I SELECT EITHER I GET vmlinuz .... initrmfs.gz and then nothing ....

3. IF I USE MY IFL GUI BOOT DISK I GET:
IFL (GUI) NBD BEST AVAILABLE GM
or 1024 X 768
or 800 X 600
or 640 X 320
or BEST AVAILABLE FBM
WHEN I SELECT EITHER I GET vmlinuz .... initrmfs.gz and then nothing ....

EDIT: I'VE TRIED IFW, IFD, IFL I'LL TRY IFW (TBWinRE) IF I CAN KEEP THE INTEREST .... :roll:
Brian K
Posts: 2720
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Error message when booting with IFD Boot Disk

Post by Brian K »

wombat1940 wrote:
>
> 3. IF I USE MY IFL GUI BOOT DISK I GET:
> IFL (GUI) NBD BEST AVAILABLE GM
> or 1024 X 768
> or 800 X 600
> or 640 X 320
> or BEST AVAILABLE FBM
> WHEN I SELECT EITHER I GET vmlinuz .... initrmfs.gz and then nothing ....

Ah, my wife gets that too with IFL GUI. Her processor is not supported. Atom processor. What brand is your Win8.1 computer? 32 or 64 bit? Processor type?

Does IFL GUI load on your other computers? Or none?
wombat1940
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:50 pm

Re: Error message when booting with IFD Boot Disk

Post by wombat1940 »

DELETED
Last edited by wombat1940 on Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
wombat1940
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:50 pm

Re: Error message when booting with IFD Boot Disk

Post by wombat1940 »

Brian K wrote:
> wombat1940 wrote:
> >
> > 3. IF I USE MY IFL GUI BOOT DISK I GET:
> > IFL (GUI) NBD BEST AVAILABLE GM
> > or 1024 X 768
> > or 800 X 600
> > or 640 X 320
> > or BEST AVAILABLE FBM
> > WHEN I SELECT EITHER I GET vmlinuz .... initrmfs.gz and then nothing ....
>
> Ah, my wife gets that too with IFL GUI. Her processor is not supported. Atom
> processor. What brand is your Win8.1 computer? 32 or 64 bit? Processor type?
>
MSI GE60 OND-288AU Notebook:TAW2.0 Ed:2.20 Baseline+2.21 Patch+2.22a Patch, nGlide Wrapper 1920 x 1080 (16 x 9) Res., Falcon 4AF, 1.013 Patch, High Tiles (winter) and Arma2 - CO running on Win8.1 64-bit OS.
Installed on: 15.6" (16 x 9) 1920 x 1080 HD anti-glare LCD screen, i7-3630QM 3rd Gen. Intel Core X64-based CPU, Intel HM76 Chipset with Turbo Drive Engine and Cooler Boost Technology, 16Gb DDR3 1600MHz Memory in two slots, NVIDIA Geforce GTX660M 3D Graphics Card with Direct X11, 2Gb GDDR5 Graphics VRAM, 750Gb SATA 7200 rpm HDD, Blue-Ray Optical drive, Saitek X52 joystick (alternatively, MS Sidewinder), Sierra USB Telstra 4G wireless modem (or WiFi in Bali).


> Does IFL GUI load on your other computers? Or none?

OH S##T!!! DOES IT EVER!!! OH THAT IS GOOD!!! FIRST TIME I'VE SEEN LINUX.
THIS IS STARTING TO MAKE MORE SENSE NOW: YOU JUST WANT TO GET THE COMPUTER TO BOOT UP IN ANYTHING!!! WINDOWS (HOPEFULLY), DOS, LINUX, APPLE (WELL.. MAYBE NOT APPLE ...).
I'M GOING TO USE THE LINUX GUI BOOT DISK WITH MY PC RUNNING XP AND VISTA.

EDIT: JUST NEED TO GET IT RUNNING ON THE NOTEBOOK NOW.
Brian K
Posts: 2720
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Error message when booting with IFD Boot Disk

Post by Brian K »

The IFL gui takes about 30 seconds to load (you should not have to manually select a video mode). The IFL gui has a central IFL window and a dock at the top of the screen. Have you got this far?
wombat1940
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:50 pm

Re: Error message when booting with IFD Boot Disk

Post by wombat1940 »

Brian K wrote:
> The IFL gui takes about 30 seconds to load (you should not have to manually
> select a video mode). The IFL gui has a central IFL window and a dock at
> the top of the screen. Have you got this far?

ONLY ON THE PC. ALL OF WHAT YOU SAY HAPPENS ON THE PC. BUT NOT WITH THE NOTEBOOK.
THIS IS AS FAR AS I GET WITH THE NOTEBOOK IT DOESN'T LOAD LIKE THE PC

IFL (GUI) NBD BEST AVAILABLE GM
> > or 1024 X 768
> > or 800 X 600
> > or 640 X 320
> > or BEST AVAILABLE FBM

> > WHEN I SELECT THIS COMES UP
vmlinuz ....
initrmfs.gz ...

and then nothing.

IT DOESN'T LOAD LIKE THE PC. THE PC LOADS WITHOUT ANY INTERRUPTION Or CHOICES.
Post Reply