When backing up, the screens in IfW are different between a local
backup and one over the network. With a LAN backup, one seemingly has
to drill through the folder structure to the destination drive each
time. I have just found out (by accident, natch) one does not have to.
If one just clicks 'next' one gets to the previously accessed folder.
If this is not clear, I can produce some screen casts to show what I
mean - it's a real time saver.
--
Cheers,
DrT
** Stress - the condition brought about by having to
** resist the temptation to beat the living daylights
** out of someone who richly deserves it.
Backing up over network speedup tip.
-
TeraByte Support(PP)
- Posts: 1775
- Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:51 am
Re: Backing up over network speedup tip.
I use that a lot, though I tend to type in the network address the first time instead of browsing.
Re: Backing up over network speedup tip.
On Fri, 9 Aug 2013 17:25:27 PDT, just as I was about to take a herb,
TeraByte Support(PP) disturbed my reverie and wrote:
>I use that a lot, though I tend to type in the network address the first time instead of browsing.
It also works in a local backup too.
--
Cheers,
DrT
** Stress - the condition brought about by having to
** resist the temptation to beat the living daylights
** out of someone who richly deserves it.
TeraByte Support(PP) disturbed my reverie and wrote:
>I use that a lot, though I tend to type in the network address the first time instead of browsing.
It also works in a local backup too.
--
Cheers,
DrT
** Stress - the condition brought about by having to
** resist the temptation to beat the living daylights
** out of someone who richly deserves it.