Backing up over network speedup tip.

User discussion and information resource forum for TeraByte Drive Image products, including TBNetManage.
Post Reply
DrTeeth
Posts: 1289
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:58 pm

Backing up over network speedup tip.

Post by DrTeeth »

When backing up, the screens in IfW are different between a local
backup and one over the network. With a LAN backup, one seemingly has
to drill through the folder structure to the destination drive each
time. I have just found out (by accident, natch) one does not have to.
If one just clicks 'next' one gets to the previously accessed folder.

If this is not clear, I can produce some screen casts to show what I
mean - it's a real time saver.
--

Cheers,

DrT

** Stress - the condition brought about by having to
** resist the temptation to beat the living daylights
** out of someone who richly deserves it.
TeraByte Support(PP)
Posts: 1775
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:51 am

Re: Backing up over network speedup tip.

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

I use that a lot, though I tend to type in the network address the first time instead of browsing.
DrTeeth
Posts: 1289
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:58 pm

Re: Backing up over network speedup tip.

Post by DrTeeth »

On Fri, 9 Aug 2013 17:25:27 PDT, just as I was about to take a herb,
TeraByte Support(PP) disturbed my reverie and wrote:

>I use that a lot, though I tend to type in the network address the first time instead of browsing.

It also works in a local backup too.
--

Cheers,

DrT

** Stress - the condition brought about by having to
** resist the temptation to beat the living daylights
** out of someone who richly deserves it.
Post Reply