I use IFD in BootItBM to make a copy of a partition on the same disk. The problem is that after the copy, I have two partitions with the same label. (I know I could re-label it after the copy, but there is always the chance of re-labeling the wrong one). Is there some way of either keeping the volume label of the target partition, or specifying the label to be used for the copy.
Thanks,
Gregg.
Volume Label of Copy
-
TeraByte Support(PP)
- Posts: 1775
- Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:51 am
Re: Volume Label of Copy
You could temporarily change the label of the existing partition before you do the restore and then fix them up afterwards. I usually go by the position of the partition (the old one won't move) or the contents.
Re: Volume Label of Copy
I'm really looking for a more fool-proof method. I have two system partition that I flip between as I apply updates. I like to keep the volume labels aligned with the boot menu entries.
Is there a way I could submit this as a feature request?
Thanks,
Gregg.
Is there a way I could submit this as a feature request?
Thanks,
Gregg.
Re: Volume Label of Copy
Gregg,
In the meantime you could do the copy in BIBM rather than IFD as this allows you to label the intended new partition.
In the meantime you could do the copy in BIBM rather than IFD as this allows you to label the intended new partition.