Volume Label of Copy

User discussion and information resource forum for TeraByte Drive Image products, including TBNetManage.
Post Reply
GreggB
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:01 pm

Volume Label of Copy

Post by GreggB »

I use IFD in BootItBM to make a copy of a partition on the same disk. The problem is that after the copy, I have two partitions with the same label. (I know I could re-label it after the copy, but there is always the chance of re-labeling the wrong one). Is there some way of either keeping the volume label of the target partition, or specifying the label to be used for the copy.

Thanks,
Gregg.
TeraByte Support(PP)
Posts: 1775
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:51 am

Re: Volume Label of Copy

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

You could temporarily change the label of the existing partition before you do the restore and then fix them up afterwards. I usually go by the position of the partition (the old one won't move) or the contents.
GreggB
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:01 pm

Re: Volume Label of Copy

Post by GreggB »

I'm really looking for a more fool-proof method. I have two system partition that I flip between as I apply updates. I like to keep the volume labels aligned with the boot menu entries.

Is there a way I could submit this as a feature request?

Thanks,
Gregg.
Brian K
Posts: 2720
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Volume Label of Copy

Post by Brian K »

Gregg,

In the meantime you could do the copy in BIBM rather than IFD as this allows you to label the intended new partition.
Post Reply