Recover a User's file with TBIMount

User discussion and information resource forum for TeraByte Drive Image products, including TBNetManage.
Post Reply
engineerguy3809
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:17 pm

Recover a User's file with TBIMount

Post by engineerguy3809 »

I am trying to recover a single file from within a TBI drive image via TBI Mount.
I can mount the image, but when I scroll to the particular User's folder it says I need to create read-rights under the advanced properties to view it.
Doing that task is currently above my "pay-grade" (if you know what I mean).
Are there any simplified steps that I can take to grant access to copy the file?
The Seeker
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:29 pm

Re: Recover a User's file with TBIMount

Post by The Seeker »

Perhaps right-click TBIMount and run as administrator. Failing that, try using TBIMount from within Image for Linux.
Brian K
Posts: 2720
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Recover a User's file with TBIMount

Post by Brian K »

Double click the .TBI and go from there.
TeraByte Support
Posts: 4105
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm

Re: Recover a User's file with TBIMount

Post by TeraByte Support »

You'd enable simulated write and change owner / permissions if you're not the user. Or you can use TBIView which doesn't need the permissions.
Post Reply