Forbidden Signature in Secure Boot Area of BIOS

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal, BootIt UEFI and PartWork for Windows
Brian K
Posts: 2720
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Forbidden Signature in Secure Boot Area of BIOS

Post by Brian K »

Fingers crossed.
Brian K
Posts: 2720
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Forbidden Signature in Secure Boot Area of BIOS

Post by Brian K »

Flag 55 should still be set.
plain
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:33 pm

Re: Forbidden Signature in Secure Boot Area of BIOS

Post by plain »

I'm most grateful to report your solution of not hiding OS in its own BootEdit properties was the answer! Thanks so much Brian! I guess one plus out of this is i learned a lot about what Secure Boot settings will look like in several different circumstances so that's a plus!

I don't know why I thought this was okay to do since I don't have this kind of trouble with BootItBM but it is probably because I knew better than hiding stuff willy-nilly. I'm just glad I didn't wipe my SSD into extinction before I got help to figure it out.... :)

And Yes, both OS'es have 55 flag checked.. Thanks again!
Brian K
Posts: 2720
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Forbidden Signature in Secure Boot Area of BIOS

Post by Brian K »

That's great news, plain.

You have probably done this but in the Win10 Boot Item, have Win11 hidden and vice versa for the Win11 Boot Item.
plain
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:33 pm

Re: Forbidden Signature in Secure Boot Area of BIOS

Post by plain »

Yes, I did this hiding one from the other.. Again Thank You so much!
Brian K
Posts: 2720
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Forbidden Signature in Secure Boot Area of BIOS

Post by Brian K »

When you install Ubuntu, it's much the same as a MBR install. Use the Something Else choice. Install the Boot Loader into the EFI System partition.

Edit... Read about installing MOK before you start.
plain
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:33 pm

Re: Forbidden Signature in Secure Boot Area of BIOS

Post by plain »

Will do. Appreciate the help!
Post Reply