Thinking to purchase the windows image software but I was wondering the following:
Does the image for windows software can deal with the drivers issue on a different hardware?
Assuming I have an image of a windows desktop that controls an instrument. The PC dies and needs to be replaced.
Can the software restore the image on a different PC that requires different drivers and has different size hard disk?
You ARE going to have validation issues with MS as well when you install
it to new hardware unless you have a retail version of Windows.
Even updating the firmware on my DVD drive set it off.
Mary
On 4/25/2016 8:39 AM, goudeuk wrote:
> Hello
>
> Thinking to purchase the windows image software but I was wondering the following:
>
> 
>
> Does the image for windows software can deal with the drivers issue on a different hardware?
> Assuming I have an image of a windows desktop that controls an instrument. The PC dies and needs to be replaced.
> Can the software restore the image on a different PC that requires different drivers and has different size hard disk?
>
> Thank you
>
>
Have you ever successfully tested restoring a whole windows 7 disk on different hardware by any chance?
The examples on the "how-to" page is for windows XP.
Also, I am using a windows volume license. Would that cause any validation issues as well, as Mary mentioned?
Thank you