Can't use Image for Linux boot disk with win 7
Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:08 am
Using Image for Linux with Win 7
I have successfully used an Image for Linux boot disk to back up a Win XP C: drive to an external hard drive and to restore from that image. I purchased a new laptop that uses Win 7, and the boot disk doesn't work. I can hear the drive run briefly, but win 7 starts up. I tried two disks, and old old boot disk, and an evaluation copy downloaded last December. The trail period has ended, but it still booted on a win xp computer.
Thanks, Jim
I have successfully used an Image for Linux boot disk to back up a Win XP C: drive to an external hard drive and to restore from that image. I purchased a new laptop that uses Win 7, and the boot disk doesn't work. I can hear the drive run briefly, but win 7 starts up. I tried two disks, and old old boot disk, and an evaluation copy downloaded last December. The trail period has ended, but it still booted on a win xp computer.
Thanks, Jim