Can't use Image for Linux boot disk with win 7

User discussion and information resource forum for TeraByte Drive Image products, including TBNetManage.
Post Reply
Jim22
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:26 am

Can't use Image for Linux boot disk with win 7

Post by Jim22 »

Using Image for Linux with Win 7

I have successfully used an Image for Linux boot disk to back up a Win XP C: drive to an external hard drive and to restore from that image. I purchased a new laptop that uses Win 7, and the boot disk doesn't work. I can hear the drive run briefly, but win 7 starts up. I tried two disks, and old old boot disk, and an evaluation copy downloaded last December. The trail period has ended, but it still booted on a win xp computer.



Thanks, Jim
Brian K
Posts: 2720
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Can't use Image for Linux boot disk with win 7

Post by Brian K »

Jim,

What is your Boot Menu key? F8, F12 etc? You need to boot your CD from the Boot Menu.
Jim22
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:26 am

Re: Can't use Image for Linux boot disk with win 7

Post by Jim22 »

You are correct; I forgot to check the boot order. It boots ok now.
Jim
Post Reply