Realign drive with BIBM

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal, BootIt UEFI and PartWork for Windows
Post Reply
The Seeker
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:29 pm

Realign drive with BIBM

Post by The Seeker »

I'm wanting to realign my HDD with BIBM. I have three partitions, containing BootIt and two installations of Windows 7. When I chose 'Align' (booting from the BIBM USB), I was asked whether I was sure, as the partition contained BootIt. Is it safe to go ahead? Also, will data be preserved?

Incidentally, I'm wanting to realign as I had planned to install Linux on the Win7-1 partition but was told that the 'Partition does not start on physical sector boundary' when checking via fdisk -l. As I understand it, this can lead to an impact on system performance. I have attached info on my current drive setup.

Edit: Ignore the "When I chose 'Align'" section as I've discovered the setting I need under 'Drive Settings'. I'd still like to know whether data will be preserved, and what options I'll need to select under 'Drive Settings'.
TeraByte Support
Posts: 4105
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm

Re: Realign drive with BIBM

Post by TeraByte Support »

you don't use the align option - that’s to align data inside the partition.
You'd use slide keeping the values the same.

"The Seeker" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

I'm wanting to realign my HDD with BIBM. I have three partitions, containing
BootIt and two installations of Windows 7. When I chose 'Align' (booting
from the BIBM USB), I was asked whether I was sure, as the partition
contained BootIt. Is it safe to go ahead? Also, will data be preserved?

Incidentally, I'm wanting to realign as I had planned to install Linux on
the Win7-1 partition but was told that the 'Partition does not start on
physical sector boundary' when checking via fdisk -l. As I understand it,
this can lead to an impact on system performance. I have attached info on my
current drive setup.

Edit: Ignore the "When I chose 'Align'" section as I've discovered the
setting I need under 'Drive Settings'. I'd still like to know whether data
will be preserved, and what options I'll need to select under 'Drive
Settings'.

Post Reply