TBwinRE - WinRE Boot Disc

User discussion and information resource forum for TeraByte Drive Image products, including TBNetManage.
Post Reply
sarasam
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:43 pm

TBwinRE - WinRE Boot Disc

Post by sarasam »

Hello Paul,hello everybody, bother you again to ask you the following:I tried to create a rescue disk with TBWinre but when I perform step 2 gives me the error that I posted.I have a desktop computer with Windows 7 installed and the file Winre.wim is located in the following directory c: \ Recovery \ 9093a366-49d3-11e1-a8a4-9612d02666bf \.Where am I doing wrong?? I must first do step 1 and then enable the F8 key?Thanks in advance.Andrea
TeraByte Support(PP)
Posts: 1775
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:51 am

Re: TBwinRE - WinRE Boot Disc

Post by TeraByte Support(PP) »

That error means that it couldn't find the WinRE entry in the BCD file. Does using F8 and booting into "Repair Your Computer" work? If not, you may be able to fix this by disabling and enabling WinRE. I'd make sure to have a backup of the winre.wim file first, though (sometimes it can get "lost" when trying to repair). From an Administrator Command Prompt, run the following commands:

reagentc /disable
reagentc /enable

If you're just trying to create the boot media (ISO, CD, UFD) you can create a folder in the TBWinRE folder named "WinRE_Backup" and copy the winre.wim file into it (e.g. D:\TBWinRE\WinRE_Backup\winre.wim). Then the script will work with the #2 selection.
Post Reply