restore IMG files?
restore IMG files?
I had a bit of a dance reinstalling BING to restore an old IMG image (I wanted to restore Vista so I could upgrade it to Windows 8) then trying to get BIBM working again. I did it in the end but afterwards I wondered if I should just have tried IFD to see if it would restore this image.
-
mjnelson99
- Posts: 785
- Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:24 am
Re: restore IMG files?
The version 1 IFD would have installed the BING image.
The version 2 produccts would not work.
Mary
On 1/26/2013 7:41 AM, rustleg wrote:
> I had a bit of a dance reinstalling BING to restore an old IMG image (I wanted to restore Vista so I could upgrade it to Windows 8) then trying to get BIBM working again. I did it in the end but afterwards I wondered if I should just have tried IFD to see if it would restore this image.
>
>
The version 2 produccts would not work.
Mary
On 1/26/2013 7:41 AM, rustleg wrote:
> I had a bit of a dance reinstalling BING to restore an old IMG image (I wanted to restore Vista so I could upgrade it to Windows 8) then trying to get BIBM working again. I did it in the end but afterwards I wondered if I should just have tried IFD to see if it would restore this image.
>
>
Re: restore IMG files?
Ah, so I did need to use BING. I forgot how to use imaging in BING so I couldn't remember whether I could do this from the CD without installing - still haven't checked this. This is why I reinstalled BING (never had IFD version 1) - into a separate 8MB partition. When I tried to get back to BIBM it wanted to upgrade BING rather than reactivating BIBM. There must be a proper way to do this, but I muddled through somehow since I'm unlikely to ever want to do it again.
I suppose this means my original question was just curiosity - sorry.
I suppose this means my original question was just curiosity - sorry.
-
mjnelson99
- Posts: 785
- Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:24 am
Re: restore IMG files?
I would reimage that drive ASAP using BIBM.
That uses Version 2 IFD.
Mary
On 1/26/2013 2:49 PM, rustleg wrote:
> Ah, so I did need to use BING. I forgot how to use imaging in BING so I couldn't remember whether I could do this from the CD without installing - still haven't checked this. This is why I reinstalled BING (never had IFD version 1) - into a separate 8MB partition. When I tried to get back to BIBM it wanted to upgrade BING rather than reactivating BIBM. There must be a proper way to do this, but I muddled through somehow since I'm unlikely to ever want to do it again.
>
> I suppose this means my original question was just curiosity - sorry.
>
>
That uses Version 2 IFD.
Mary
On 1/26/2013 2:49 PM, rustleg wrote:
> Ah, so I did need to use BING. I forgot how to use imaging in BING so I couldn't remember whether I could do this from the CD without installing - still haven't checked this. This is why I reinstalled BING (never had IFD version 1) - into a separate 8MB partition. When I tried to get back to BIBM it wanted to upgrade BING rather than reactivating BIBM. There must be a proper way to do this, but I muddled through somehow since I'm unlikely to ever want to do it again.
>
> I suppose this means my original question was just curiosity - sorry.
>
>
-
TeraByte Support
- Posts: 4106
- Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm
Re: restore IMG files?
you can do it from the boot media - just don't remove it until it asks you
to.
also the V1 versions of Image are in
https://www.terabyteunlimited.com/product-download.php if you have a V2
license.
"rustleg" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
Ah, so I did need to use BING. I forgot how to use imaging in BING so I
couldn't remember whether I could do this from the CD without installing -
still haven't checked this. This is why I reinstalled BING (never had IFD
version 1) - into a separate 8MB partition. When I tried to get back to BIBM
it wanted to upgrade BING rather than reactivating BIBM. There must be a
proper way to do this, but I muddled through somehow since I'm unlikely to
ever want to do it again.
I suppose this means my original question was just curiosity - sorry.
to.
also the V1 versions of Image are in
https://www.terabyteunlimited.com/product-download.php if you have a V2
license.
"rustleg" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
Ah, so I did need to use BING. I forgot how to use imaging in BING so I
couldn't remember whether I could do this from the CD without installing -
still haven't checked this. This is why I reinstalled BING (never had IFD
version 1) - into a separate 8MB partition. When I tried to get back to BIBM
it wanted to upgrade BING rather than reactivating BIBM. There must be a
proper way to do this, but I muddled through somehow since I'm unlikely to
ever want to do it again.
I suppose this means my original question was just curiosity - sorry.