Hi,
So I am making a new BIU USB to use for my new NUC machine, and it is asking which certificate (MS 2011, MS 2023, or Terabyte signed).
Which cert should I select (and Why is that the right choice)?
Sorry to keep editing this post, but FYI, what I want to do with this new USB is use it to install BIU on the NUC, then use the BIU to do an entire disk image backup to a larger (probably 2TB NVME SSD), then I will replace the original NUC NVME with the new larger NVME SSD.
Basically I want to end up with the NUC having a larger NVME as the primary drive.
Sorry one more piece of information I forgot to mention... it looks like secure boot in the NUC bios is currently set to "OFF".
One last edit I hope - I just noticed that the 1st partition on the NUC drive is SYSTEM and is "EFI System" and is tiny, 100 bytes - should I increase that partition size by reducing the Windows partition slightly, then sliding it down and then enlarging that SYSTEM partition?
Thanks,
Jim
Making new USB for BIU - which cert to choose for makedisk?
Re: Making new USB for BIU - which cert to choose for makedisk?
Jim, do you mean 100 MiB for the ESP?
The default size for the ESP when installing BIU to an empty drive is 400 MiB. So resize your ESP to 400 MiB. If you plan to multi-boot lots of OS, make the ESP 1000 MiB.
When resizing the Win11 partition to create Free Space, choose Resize from Start. It's much faster than having to Slide the Win11 partition.
The default size for the ESP when installing BIU to an empty drive is 400 MiB. So resize your ESP to 400 MiB. If you plan to multi-boot lots of OS, make the ESP 1000 MiB.
When resizing the Win11 partition to create Free Space, choose Resize from Start. It's much faster than having to Slide the Win11 partition.
Re: Making new USB for BIU - which cert to choose for makedisk?
Thanks, yes - that is the one and I am probably not going to multiboot ( I am going to try to make this a smaller version of my tower to host Virtualbox VMs
...) but I made it 1000 mb any way.