Page 1 of 1

Recover a User's file with TBIMount

Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2026 12:32 am
by engineerguy3809
I am trying to recover a single file from within a TBI drive image via TBI Mount.
I can mount the image, but when I scroll to the particular User's folder it says I need to create read-rights under the advanced properties to view it.
Doing that task is currently above my "pay-grade" (if you know what I mean).
Are there any simplified steps that I can take to grant access to copy the file?

Re: Recover a User's file with TBIMount

Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2026 12:36 am
by The Seeker
Perhaps right-click TBIMount and run as administrator. Failing that, try using TBIMount from within Image for Linux.

Re: Recover a User's file with TBIMount

Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2026 1:10 am
by Brian K
Double click the .TBI and go from there.

Re: Recover a User's file with TBIMount

Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2026 5:56 am
by TeraByte Support
You'd enable simulated write and change owner / permissions if you're not the user. Or you can use TBIView which doesn't need the permissions.