Hello
I've twice tried to copy over a data partition - completes ok but clicking Details then gives error "Unable to mount file system"
Properties window gives additional info of:
Bootable: NTFS
Cluster size: 512 byte(s)
*Warning* File systen ends at LBA 1271204694
I ran scan disk on this data partition before copying (no errors found)
Can I fix this from within BIBM? If so how?
The SSD is currently showing as "0) GPT reserved" in boot edit for the original Win 10 boot partition on the old IDE drive..
Thanks
Error after pasting over data partition to SSD harddrive
Re: Error after pasting over data partition to SSD harddrive
PS Both my "new" SSD drives (not actually new) are showing as GPT reserved
A bit of searching suggests my issues (see also viewtopic.php?t=5054 ) may be related to my ignorance regarding this
Do I need to use UEFI rather than MBR/EMBR?
I used to have a (limited) understanding of BIBM and partition/multibooting work but not any more it seems!
Can anyone advise?
I'm still on BIBM 1.92 - do I need to upgrade to Bootit Collection to achieve my aims (moving 2 Win 10 OS partitions and a few data partitions over to SSD drives to replicate the old IDE set up, but with faster drives)?
Should I wipe the partitions I've already pasted over to SSD drives & start again??
Thanks
A bit of searching suggests my issues (see also viewtopic.php?t=5054 ) may be related to my ignorance regarding this
Do I need to use UEFI rather than MBR/EMBR?
I used to have a (limited) understanding of BIBM and partition/multibooting work but not any more it seems!
Can anyone advise?
I'm still on BIBM 1.92 - do I need to upgrade to Bootit Collection to achieve my aims (moving 2 Win 10 OS partitions and a few data partitions over to SSD drives to replicate the old IDE set up, but with faster drives)?
Should I wipe the partitions I've already pasted over to SSD drives & start again??
Thanks
-
TeraByte Support
- Posts: 4105
- Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm
Re: Error after pasting over data partition to SSD harddrive
this suggests the file system and partition boundaries don't agree. With EMBR in unlimited mode, that can happen if you use other tools to change partitions. You need to get all that corrected before copying over. Look in partition work and see if any items with "E", then check details / properties of each partition.
You should use the latest version.
Once all good and everything working property, use the imaging option to copy the entire drive.
You should use the latest version.
Once all good and everything working property, use the imaging option to copy the entire drive.
Re: Error after pasting over data partition to SSD harddrive
Can you post a photo of this screen?swayzak wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2026 1:37 pm
Bootable: NTFS
Cluster size: 512 byte(s)
*Warning* File systen ends at LBA 1271204694
Re: Error after pasting over data partition to SSD harddrive
ThanksTeraByte Support wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2026 4:50 pm this suggests the file system and partition boundaries don't agree. With EMBR in unlimited mode, that can happen if you use other tools to change partitions. You need to get all that corrected before copying over. Look in partition work and see if any items with "E", then check details / properties of each partition.
You should use the latest version.
Once all good and everything working property, use the imaging option to copy the entire drive.
Where exactly in partition work will I see the "E" you refer to?
Re: Error after pasting over data partition to SSD harddrive
PS Is the GPT Reserved / UEFI issue relevant in how I go about the task of moving over these partitions to the SSD drives?
Re: Error after pasting over data partition to SSD harddrive
The 2 SSD drives I'm copying over to are half the size of the old IDE drives (512 GB vs 1 TB) so I'm having to resize some of the partitions, and move them around a bit on the target SSD drives to fit them in.
Not sure if this affects the process?
Not sure if this affects the process?
-
TeraByte Support
- Posts: 4105
- Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm
Re: Error after pasting over data partition to SSD harddrive
The "E" will be obvious when looking at partition work. You can still use the image to copy the entire drive in simple operations mode, if it won't fit, you may need to compact some of the source partitions (after creating an entire drive backup) which can be done in the traditional interface that shows partitions.
Re: Error after pasting over data partition to SSD harddrive
There is no "E" label next to any of the partitions on either the source (IDE) or destination (SSD) drivesTeraByte Support wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2026 3:54 pm The "E" will be obvious when looking at partition work. You can still use the image to copy the entire drive in simple operations mode, if it won't fit, you may need to compact some of the source partitions (after creating an entire drive backup) which can be done in the traditional interface that shows partitions.