Page 1 of 1

Problem swapping old IDE HDs to new SSD drives - please help

Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2026 4:42 pm
by swayzak
Hello

I have started the process of moving my old PC to SSDs to extend its life a few more years

Currently there are 2 old 1TB IDE harddrives

I began by connecting the 2 SSD 512GB drives to SATA cables from old secondary data HD, and copied over both Win 10 booting partitions (to one SSD) and a large data partition (to the other SSD)

I also want to copy over a few other smaller data partitions to the 2nd SSD

I thought I would then unplug both old IDE drives (BIBM is installed on drive 0), plug in the SSD with copies of bootable Win 10 partitions and try to install BIBM on this to become the new boot drive

However BIBM refused to install (I created approx 600 MB of space at beginning of new boot SSD drive for this purpose)

Also this drive showed as drive 1 and the USB BIBM installation memory stick as drive 0

I'm sure I'm doing something fundamentally wrong here (bit out of my depth!)

Can anyone advise how to achieve my aim?

Thanks

Re: Problem swapping old IDE HDs to new SSD drives - please help

Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2026 7:29 pm
by swayzak
Could I just copy over the old BIBM installation from the IDE drive to the beginning of the boot SSD drive??

Re: Problem swapping old IDE HDs to new SSD drives - please help

Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2026 10:26 pm
by TeraByte Support
What install options did you choose at each step? You can just write them out. And then what was the exact error message?

Re: Problem swapping old IDE HDs to new SSD drives - please help

Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2026 2:17 pm
by swayzak
TeraByte Support wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2026 10:26 pm What install options did you choose at each step? You can just write them out. And then what was the exact error message?
Thanks

I have posted further info/query related to my desired task in other post (please see viewtopic.php?t=5054 )

Will await any help from that before proceeding...