Simple Operations scheduler is confusing about incrementals
Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2026 9:46 am
Hello,
I want to suggest a small UI improvement for Image for Windows.
When I set up a scheduled backup using Simple Operations, it was not clear to me that it would make incremental backups automatically.
The schedule window showed a command line, but it did not clearly explain in normal language what would happen. Because of that, I thought it might be setting up full backups every day.
I think it would help a lot if the schedule window or summary clearly said something like:
Thank you.
I want to suggest a small UI improvement for Image for Windows.
When I set up a scheduled backup using Simple Operations, it was not clear to me that it would make incremental backups automatically.
The schedule window showed a command line, but it did not clearly explain in normal language what would happen. Because of that, I thought it might be setting up full backups every day.
I think it would help a lot if the schedule window or summary clearly said something like:
- first backup is full
- later backups are incremental
- a new full backup is started after the chosen number of incrementals
- old backups are deleted automatically when space is needed
Thank you.