Simple Operations scheduler is confusing about incrementals

User discussion and information resource forum for TeraByte Drive Image products, including TBNetManage.
Post Reply
aegirok
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2026 9:32 am

Simple Operations scheduler is confusing about incrementals

Post by aegirok »

Hello,

I want to suggest a small UI improvement for Image for Windows.

When I set up a scheduled backup using Simple Operations, it was not clear to me that it would make incremental backups automatically.

The schedule window showed a command line, but it did not clearly explain in normal language what would happen. Because of that, I thought it might be setting up full backups every day.

I think it would help a lot if the schedule window or summary clearly said something like:
  • first backup is full
  • later backups are incremental
  • a new full backup is started after the chosen number of incrementals
  • old backups are deleted automatically when space is needed
I think that would make Simple Operations much easier to understand for normal users.

Thank you.
Post Reply