Page 1 of 1

Data corruption when restoring (IFL)

Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2025 9:10 am
by tcoulon
OK, so my Windows install trashed itself. I had a backup, but restore fails with "data corruption". Not so terrible because I'm not a Windows user, but as it's frustrating to see a restore "almost" finish but fail, I was wondering if there is any way to salvage a tbi file that has "data corruption".

I don't have much hope, but...

Thierry

Re: Data corruption when restoring (IFL)

Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2025 5:51 pm
by TeraByte Support
It's common that when Windows is crashing and "trashed itself" and validation/corruption failures trying to restore that you have a hardware issue, typically memory. See https://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/kb ... e-message/

Re: Data corruption when restoring (IFL)

Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2025 10:33 pm
by OldNavyGuy
If you use Memtest86+, you'll need to turn off Secure Boot first in the BIOS if it's enabled.