Page 1 of 1

installing on a flash drive

Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2025 4:24 am
by tbifan39
I have a USB flash drive with multiple bootable partitions. Is it possible to install BootIt BM or BootIt UEFI on the flash drive? The main purpose is that i can't always remember which OS is on which partition; I need some sore of boot menu .

I do not own BootIt. but I do own the the Drive Image Suite.

Re: installing on a flash drive

Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2025 5:59 am
by TeraByte Support
Yes. Delete news.hlp.

Re: installing on a flash drive

Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2025 12:55 am
by tbifan39
Thank you! I believe I have the BootIt boot menu working on the flash drive.

I have 5 partitions... 1 BootIt Partition and 4 OS partitions. all Primary. The drive is formatted GPT/UEFI.

How do I hide the 4 OS Partitions from the BIOS boot Menu? I only want the BootIt Partition visible from the flash drive on the BIOS boot menu.

Re: installing on a flash drive

Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2025 3:46 am
by TeraByte Support
If the BIOS doesn't have the ability to delete them, you can use "scripting" option and the various UEFI commands. help list uefi, help set uefi, help del uefi

Re: installing on a flash drive

Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2025 4:13 am
by tbifan39
Can you help me write the scripts? I don't know anything about scripting.

Partition 1 - BootIt

Partitions 2-5 OS - The ones I want to hide, They are NTFS and Primary,

I will give you any additional info you need.

Re: installing on a flash drive

Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2025 5:58 am
by TeraByte Support
it's not a script to write, they are just commands. the "help" shows how to use it.