installing on a flash drive

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal, BootIt UEFI and PartWork for Windows
Post Reply
tbifan39
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:08 pm

installing on a flash drive

Post by tbifan39 »

I have a USB flash drive with multiple bootable partitions. Is it possible to install BootIt BM or BootIt UEFI on the flash drive? The main purpose is that i can't always remember which OS is on which partition; I need some sore of boot menu .

I do not own BootIt. but I do own the the Drive Image Suite.
TeraByte Support
Posts: 4105
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm

Re: installing on a flash drive

Post by TeraByte Support »

Yes. Delete news.hlp.
tbifan39
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:08 pm

Re: installing on a flash drive

Post by tbifan39 »

Thank you! I believe I have the BootIt boot menu working on the flash drive.

I have 5 partitions... 1 BootIt Partition and 4 OS partitions. all Primary. The drive is formatted GPT/UEFI.

How do I hide the 4 OS Partitions from the BIOS boot Menu? I only want the BootIt Partition visible from the flash drive on the BIOS boot menu.
TeraByte Support
Posts: 4105
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm

Re: installing on a flash drive

Post by TeraByte Support »

If the BIOS doesn't have the ability to delete them, you can use "scripting" option and the various UEFI commands. help list uefi, help set uefi, help del uefi
tbifan39
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:08 pm

Re: installing on a flash drive

Post by tbifan39 »

Can you help me write the scripts? I don't know anything about scripting.

Partition 1 - BootIt

Partitions 2-5 OS - The ones I want to hide, They are NTFS and Primary,

I will give you any additional info you need.
TeraByte Support
Posts: 4105
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm

Re: installing on a flash drive

Post by TeraByte Support »

it's not a script to write, they are just commands. the "help" shows how to use it.
Post Reply