Page 1 of 1

TBWinRE contains old version of IFW

Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2025 9:50 pm
by Marshall_Wilensky
From Windows 10 and Image For Windows 4.07, I built the TBWinRE/PE Boot Media on a USB thumb drive.

When I boot it and try to do a full restore of a backup written with IFW 4.07 I get an error saying I need to be using a newer version of IFW. It seems that the Boot Media contains IFW 4.02.

How to I build a TBWinRE/PE Boot Media that contains IFW 4.07 ?
or
How do I update the IFW on the TBWinRE/PE Boot Media?

Thanks in advance!

Re: TBWinRE contains old version of IFW

Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2025 4:30 pm
by TeraByte Support(PP)
After creating the new build, did you run MakeDisk to update the boot media?

Also, while the boot media should have the correct version, when you boot in a situation like this and the new version is accessible on the system, you should be able to use the update option in TBLauncher (Tools | Search for Updated Programs...) to temporarily update the version.

Re: TBWinRE contains old version of IFW

Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2025 1:20 pm
by Marshall_Wilensky
Honestly, I don't remember the steps I took to make the USB thumb drive.

I will make it again and be sure to run MakeDisk.

Thanks for replying!