From Windows 10 and Image For Windows 4.07, I built the TBWinRE/PE Boot Media on a USB thumb drive.
When I boot it and try to do a full restore of a backup written with IFW 4.07 I get an error saying I need to be using a newer version of IFW. It seems that the Boot Media contains IFW 4.02.
How to I build a TBWinRE/PE Boot Media that contains IFW 4.07 ?
or
How do I update the IFW on the TBWinRE/PE Boot Media?
Thanks in advance!
TBWinRE contains old version of IFW
-
TeraByte Support(PP)
- Posts: 1775
- Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:51 am
Re: TBWinRE contains old version of IFW
After creating the new build, did you run MakeDisk to update the boot media?
Also, while the boot media should have the correct version, when you boot in a situation like this and the new version is accessible on the system, you should be able to use the update option in TBLauncher (Tools | Search for Updated Programs...) to temporarily update the version.
Also, while the boot media should have the correct version, when you boot in a situation like this and the new version is accessible on the system, you should be able to use the update option in TBLauncher (Tools | Search for Updated Programs...) to temporarily update the version.
-
Marshall_Wilensky
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2025 9:44 pm
Re: TBWinRE contains old version of IFW
Honestly, I don't remember the steps I took to make the USB thumb drive.
I will make it again and be sure to run MakeDisk.
Thanks for replying!
I will make it again and be sure to run MakeDisk.
Thanks for replying!