Page 1 of 1

Re: How are drive numbers assigned in Partition Work?

Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2025 5:49 am
by TeraByte Support
it's from the BIOS. Typically they make the booted drive HD0. For UEFI the program just assigns the number based on the order UEFI returns the drives available.

Re: How are drive numbers assigned in Partition Work?

Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2025 1:51 pm
by Bob Coleman
Alfrristian wrote: Wed Oct 08, 2025 3:15 am Hi everyone,

I’ve got one internal SSD and a USB-connected external hard drive.
While checking in BIU Partition Work, I noticed something unexpected — the external HDD is listed as Drive 0, while the internal SSD shows up as Drive 1.

Out of curiosity, what determines how these drive numbers are assigned? Is there a specific order or rule that the software follows?

Thanks for any clarification!
I have exactly the same configuration and found this surprising also, but, as you say, it's just curiosity.