Page 1 of 1

Win Resize fails on Windows RE partition

Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2025 11:24 pm
by Squirrel
I am using PartWork v2.07 on Win10 22H2. I successfully resized the Windows RE partition (from the start) using the regular Resize actions. But I initially tried the Win Resize action and got a scary failure. I suggest to either fix the Win Resize error or prevent the user from selecting this action on the Windows RE partition.

Using the PartWork plugin in a TBWinRE UFD, this was the message using Win Resize:
The Windows resize expand process failed during phase 1.
Error: 00000057
Detail: The parameter in incorrect.

Using installed PartWork, this was the message using Win Resize:
The Windows resize expand process failed during phase 1.
Error: 00000047 (ERROR FAILED)
Windows Error: 00000057
Detail: The parameter in incorrect.

By the way, the online manual here (which I use with the PartWork plugin in a TBWinRE UFD) is revision 2025-02-07:
https://www.terabyteunlimited.com/downl ... manual.pdf
Whereas partwork_en_manual.chm included in the installed PartWork is up-to-date at 2025-07-17.

Re: Win Resize fails on Windows RE partition

Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2025 3:35 am
by TeraByte Support
It doesn't prevent anything and leaves it to windows to reject so as they add support, it just works.