I am using PartWork v2.07 on Win10 22H2. I successfully resized the Windows RE partition (from the start) using the regular Resize actions. But I initially tried the Win Resize action and got a scary failure. I suggest to either fix the Win Resize error or prevent the user from selecting this action on the Windows RE partition.
Using the PartWork plugin in a TBWinRE UFD, this was the message using Win Resize:
The Windows resize expand process failed during phase 1.
Error: 00000057
Detail: The parameter in incorrect.
Using installed PartWork, this was the message using Win Resize:
The Windows resize expand process failed during phase 1.
Error: 00000047 (ERROR FAILED)
Windows Error: 00000057
Detail: The parameter in incorrect.
By the way, the online manual here (which I use with the PartWork plugin in a TBWinRE UFD) is revision 2025-02-07:
https://www.terabyteunlimited.com/downl ... manual.pdf
Whereas partwork_en_manual.chm included in the installed PartWork is up-to-date at 2025-07-17.
Win Resize fails on Windows RE partition
-
TeraByte Support
- Posts: 4105
- Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm
Re: Win Resize fails on Windows RE partition
It doesn't prevent anything and leaves it to windows to reject so as they add support, it just works.