Page 1 of 1

New Win11 Computer - How to increase size of the EFI partition?

Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2025 10:15 pm
by ohaya1000
Hi,

I just got a new PC (a tower this time, to replace an older one) that is running Win11 Pro. I've installed BIU on it.

Out of box, the machine came with following partitions on a 1TB SSD:

SYSTEM (EFI)
Microsoft Reserved
Windows
Recovery

I want to increase the size of the EFI partition (to maybe 1000MB?), which is 100MB, so I've reduced the Windows partition size, so that I can slide the MS Reserved and the Windows partition, to make room for a larger EFI partition.

I haven't done the slide yet, but I just wanted to check: To increase the EFI size, I can just use BIU resize? Is that correct?

Thanks,
Jim

Re: New Win11 Computer - How to increase size of the EFI partition?

Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2025 3:32 am
by TeraByte Support
Backup and then yes, after you slide other stuff out of the way.

Re: New Win11 Computer - How to increase size of the EFI partition?

Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2025 1:13 pm
by ohaya1000
ok thanks - will do that.