New Win11 Computer - How to increase size of the EFI partition?

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal, BootIt UEFI and PartWork for Windows
Post Reply
ohaya1000
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:02 pm

New Win11 Computer - How to increase size of the EFI partition?

Post by ohaya1000 »

Hi,

I just got a new PC (a tower this time, to replace an older one) that is running Win11 Pro. I've installed BIU on it.

Out of box, the machine came with following partitions on a 1TB SSD:

SYSTEM (EFI)
Microsoft Reserved
Windows
Recovery

I want to increase the size of the EFI partition (to maybe 1000MB?), which is 100MB, so I've reduced the Windows partition size, so that I can slide the MS Reserved and the Windows partition, to make room for a larger EFI partition.

I haven't done the slide yet, but I just wanted to check: To increase the EFI size, I can just use BIU resize? Is that correct?

Thanks,
Jim
TeraByte Support
Posts: 4105
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm

Re: New Win11 Computer - How to increase size of the EFI partition?

Post by TeraByte Support »

Backup and then yes, after you slide other stuff out of the way.
ohaya1000
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:02 pm

Re: New Win11 Computer - How to increase size of the EFI partition?

Post by ohaya1000 »

ok thanks - will do that.
Post Reply