Updating Windows 10 partition to Windows 11

User discussion and information resource forum for BootIt Bare Metal, BootIt UEFI and PartWork for Windows
Post Reply
captn
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2025 7:07 pm

Updating Windows 10 partition to Windows 11

Post by captn »

I have a laptop with Bootit UEFI installed, GPT partitioning, and dual booting to either linux or Windows 10. Should I be able to update the Windows 10 partition to Windows 11 through windows update or is there a better method? Does the process normally proceed without issues? I've upgraded another laptop from 10 to 11 with no problems, but it was running windows 10 only and no Bootit UEFI installed. Thanks in advance.
Brian K
Posts: 2720
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Updating Windows 10 partition to Windows 11

Post by Brian K »

I've updated Win10 systems using a Win11 ISO. Even systems that didn't meet Win11 hardware requirements.
Post Reply