I've been using Bootit, IFD & IFW for years to manage partitions and backups for years. I'm now in a situation where I have to rescue an old (PATA) drive from a MAC Powerbook G4.
I actually still have a USB gizmo that I can plug the drive into.
The Bios sees the drive, but when I used BIBM to attempt a backup both the mouse and keyboard locked up.
So I tried IFW. And while IFW could "see" the drive it refused to back it up (saying it completed when nothing else was done)
I now have just finished slogging through all sorts of installs to get IFL "installed" in my Linux mint partition. And now I still don't know what to do. I'm not stupid and yet the FAQ "running IFL without a boot disk" totally confuses me.
Do I understand things correctly that I can ONLY run IFL from a boot environment? The problem is that locks up my keyboard and mouse. So it's a no go.
Is there any way to get this to behave like a "normal" program?