Where are the license terms?
Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:26 pm
I have to say that although I'm a big fan of TB software - used it for years - I'm not a fan of the website. It's difficult to have a clear view of which products contain which components, how much they cost, how many computers you can use it on, personal/business.
But especially where are the actual license terms? I looked everywhere but couldn't find them. If (in desperation) you follow the links to buy the product hoping to see a license before committing you are out of luck. You are asked to complete the order without knowing the license you are buying. It says "ALL SALES FINAL - NO REFUNDS, USE THE FREE TRIAL VERSION BEFORE PURCHASING". If you download the trial version you get the trial version license which isn't the same.
I'm looking to buy IFL for a non-profit club I support. It's a UK limited company without shareholders which is set up this way because it legally protects the volunteers from being sued personally but none of us take any money. Does it have to follow the business terms whatever they are? There are 3 computers. I want to make a USB stick with IFL on to take images of all 3 so I could restore an OS if necessary. Do I have to buy 3 versions at $29.95 each?
I've got a license from previous personal purchases dated April 1 2011 (I hope it's not an April fool copy!) which mentions multiple copy license. On the web site it mentions something called "Image Deployment License" and there it also says "See the License Agreement included with those programs for more details." So where is this License Agreement? What does this allow you to do?
There's also this in the 2011 license: "If you are a real person, and if all Software under this license is used exclusively for personal non-commercial use only, then each licensed copy may be installed on two additional Computer Systems owned or controlled by you, or a member of your immediate family." I could argue that this is my position because the club is not a commercial business and I control the computers myself, do all the work personally and take no money for it. Should I therefore only need to buy one copy?
This license gives the impression it covers all TB's products - does it?
Maybe I've missed it but wouldn't it be sensible to have links on the website to downloads of all your licenses? Ideally with some plain English explanations of what each allows you to do.
But especially where are the actual license terms? I looked everywhere but couldn't find them. If (in desperation) you follow the links to buy the product hoping to see a license before committing you are out of luck. You are asked to complete the order without knowing the license you are buying. It says "ALL SALES FINAL - NO REFUNDS, USE THE FREE TRIAL VERSION BEFORE PURCHASING". If you download the trial version you get the trial version license which isn't the same.
I'm looking to buy IFL for a non-profit club I support. It's a UK limited company without shareholders which is set up this way because it legally protects the volunteers from being sued personally but none of us take any money. Does it have to follow the business terms whatever they are? There are 3 computers. I want to make a USB stick with IFL on to take images of all 3 so I could restore an OS if necessary. Do I have to buy 3 versions at $29.95 each?
I've got a license from previous personal purchases dated April 1 2011 (I hope it's not an April fool copy!) which mentions multiple copy license. On the web site it mentions something called "Image Deployment License" and there it also says "See the License Agreement included with those programs for more details." So where is this License Agreement? What does this allow you to do?
There's also this in the 2011 license: "If you are a real person, and if all Software under this license is used exclusively for personal non-commercial use only, then each licensed copy may be installed on two additional Computer Systems owned or controlled by you, or a member of your immediate family." I could argue that this is my position because the club is not a commercial business and I control the computers myself, do all the work personally and take no money for it. Should I therefore only need to buy one copy?
This license gives the impression it covers all TB's products - does it?
Maybe I've missed it but wouldn't it be sensible to have links on the website to downloads of all your licenses? Ideally with some plain English explanations of what each allows you to do.