IFL restore from Seagate NAS over home network
Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:10 am
I have a Windows XP Pro laptop on a home network, which includes a Seagate NAS, etc. On the laptop I use IFW ver. 2.66 to backup to the NAS over an ethernet connection. It works smoothly and I can access the image whenever I want to use the data. I make a full backup of the entire disk in the laptop, which has only one NTFS partition on it. When I want to restore the entire image to fully recover the disk contents, I plan to use the IFL environment booted from a flash drive, which I have already created and checked. It boots correctly so far as I can see. However, when I boot the laptop with the IFL program and look at the options to restore, all I can see is the locally connected disk drives on the laptop itself, but I do not see my NAS drive and I do not see an option to "find it", nor for accessing anything over a network connection. As I understand it, I normally access this NAS device as if it were a samba server; at least that is how I see it when accessing it from my linux box and I believe that Windows sees it in the same way. How can I make this device available to restore from to my laptop in the IFL environment? Thanks.