Page 1 of 1

exFAT

Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:45 am
by quocco
Does Image for Windows recognize exFAT partition created winth Windows 7?

Re: exFAT

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:29 am
by TeraByte Support
No, but why would you need/use it?

"quocco" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Does Image for Windows recognize exFAT partition created winth Windows 7?

Re: exFAT

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:49 pm
by quocco
To create an image on a USB stick formated with exFAT, a more efficient (for USB stick) file system than NTFS.

Re: exFAT

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:54 am
by TeraByte Support
why not fat32 ? you can align it.

"quocco" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

To create an image on a USB stick formated with exFAT, a more efficient (for
USB stick) file system than NTFS.


Re: exFAT, this is why, so why no support?

Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:46 pm
by GraemeS
I know this is an old thread but, the question stands. Why does BIBM not support exFAT, for any drive?
I am sick of Windows 7 and 8 fighting over permissions on a shared data drive, containing public folders, and my user folders. I cannot use FAT32 due to video file size. Also thinking of adding a ubuntu boot.
I have an SSD (ntfs) for each OS. And am trying exFAT on the data drives.
I have tried NTFS, with inhereted everyone + system full control, but both OS seem to keep trying to own the folders. I have not tried to remove the system permission or make it read only.
I am currently trying to use exFAT, for the data drives, it would be nice to have BIBM support for resizing etc in the future.
Maybe there is a better solution, NTFS with security off, Just for the one drive?

Thanks in advance.
Edit.
Mmmm maybe as m$ proprietary format????
Also if you run Convert with "/NoSecurity" permissions are set to Everyone full control, with no other securities (the system entry is removed).

Re: exFAT, this is why, so why no support?

Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:42 am
by TeraByte Support
if you use standard permission with the built-in groups, you shouldn't have
any problem. Format it with BIBM and then first access with W7, and then
you should be good?

"GraemeS" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

I know this is an old thread but, the question stands. Why does BIBM not
support exFAT, for any drive?
I am sick of Windows 7 and 8 fighting over permissions on a shared data
drive, containing public folders, and my user folders. I cannot use FAT32
due to video file size. Also thinking of adding a ubuntu boot.
I have an SSD (ntfs) for each OS. And am trying exFAT on the data drives.
I have tried NTFS, with inhereted everyone + system full control, but both
OS seem to keep trying to own the folders. I have not tried to remove the
system permission or make it read only.
I am currently trying to use exFAT, for the data drives, it would be nice to
have BIBM support for resizing etc in the future.
Maybe there is a better solution, NTFS with security off, Just for the one
drive?

Thanks in advance.
Edit.
Mmmm maybe as m$ proprietary format????