exFAT

User discussion and information resource forum for TeraByte Drive Image products, including TBNetManage.
Post Reply
quocco
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:41 am

exFAT

Post by quocco »

Does Image for Windows recognize exFAT partition created winth Windows 7?
TeraByte Support
Posts: 4105
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm

Re: exFAT

Post by TeraByte Support »

No, but why would you need/use it?

"quocco" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Does Image for Windows recognize exFAT partition created winth Windows 7?
quocco
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:41 am

Re: exFAT

Post by quocco »

To create an image on a USB stick formated with exFAT, a more efficient (for USB stick) file system than NTFS.
TeraByte Support
Posts: 4105
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm

Re: exFAT

Post by TeraByte Support »

why not fat32 ? you can align it.

"quocco" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

To create an image on a USB stick formated with exFAT, a more efficient (for
USB stick) file system than NTFS.

GraemeS
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:17 pm

Re: exFAT, this is why, so why no support?

Post by GraemeS »

I know this is an old thread but, the question stands. Why does BIBM not support exFAT, for any drive?
I am sick of Windows 7 and 8 fighting over permissions on a shared data drive, containing public folders, and my user folders. I cannot use FAT32 due to video file size. Also thinking of adding a ubuntu boot.
I have an SSD (ntfs) for each OS. And am trying exFAT on the data drives.
I have tried NTFS, with inhereted everyone + system full control, but both OS seem to keep trying to own the folders. I have not tried to remove the system permission or make it read only.
I am currently trying to use exFAT, for the data drives, it would be nice to have BIBM support for resizing etc in the future.
Maybe there is a better solution, NTFS with security off, Just for the one drive?

Thanks in advance.
Edit.
Mmmm maybe as m$ proprietary format????
Also if you run Convert with "/NoSecurity" permissions are set to Everyone full control, with no other securities (the system entry is removed).
TeraByte Support
Posts: 4105
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm

Re: exFAT, this is why, so why no support?

Post by TeraByte Support »

if you use standard permission with the built-in groups, you shouldn't have
any problem. Format it with BIBM and then first access with W7, and then
you should be good?

"GraemeS" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

I know this is an old thread but, the question stands. Why does BIBM not
support exFAT, for any drive?
I am sick of Windows 7 and 8 fighting over permissions on a shared data
drive, containing public folders, and my user folders. I cannot use FAT32
due to video file size. Also thinking of adding a ubuntu boot.
I have an SSD (ntfs) for each OS. And am trying exFAT on the data drives.
I have tried NTFS, with inhereted everyone + system full control, but both
OS seem to keep trying to own the folders. I have not tried to remove the
system permission or make it read only.
I am currently trying to use exFAT, for the data drives, it would be nice to
have BIBM support for resizing etc in the future.
Maybe there is a better solution, NTFS with security off, Just for the one
drive?

Thanks in advance.
Edit.
Mmmm maybe as m$ proprietary format????

Post Reply