I'm trying to display the command I'd use to restore an image by using the "Show Command" button. I've used this when capturing an image and also want to see what the command would be to restore. The guide shows the following:
Show Command (IFL GUI) or F6 (IFL) – Click/press to display the command line you would type at a command prompt to start a restore with the options you selected in Image for Linux. When using IFL GUI, you can save the command line to a script file or TBScript (.TBS) file that runs Image for Linux by clicking the Save to File button and then clicking OK. The command line can be edited* before being saved.
This option doesn't seem to be present when performing a restore.
What am I missing?
TIA
KIWI
Show Command - IFL 2.92 GUI
-
TeraByte Support(TP)
- Posts: 305
- Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:22 pm
Re: Show Command - IFL 2.92 GUI
UkiwiS wrote:
> I'm trying to display the command I'd use to restore an image by using the
> "Show Command" button. I've used this when capturing an image and
> also want to see what the command would be to restore. The guide shows the
> following:
> Show Command (IFL GUI) or F6 (IFL) – Click/press to display the command
> line you would type at a command prompt to start a restore with the options
> you selected in Image for Linux. When using IFL GUI, you can save the
> command line to a script file or TBScript (.TBS) file that runs Image for
> Linux by clicking the Save to File button and then clicking OK. The command
> line can be edited* before being saved.
>
> This option doesn't seem to be present when performing a restore.
>
> What am I missing?
>
> TIA
> KIWI
It sounds like you are selecting Automatic (the default) rather than a Normal restore. You would need to select a Normal restore to get the Show/Save command options.
> I'm trying to display the command I'd use to restore an image by using the
> "Show Command" button. I've used this when capturing an image and
> also want to see what the command would be to restore. The guide shows the
> following:
> Show Command (IFL GUI) or F6 (IFL) – Click/press to display the command
> line you would type at a command prompt to start a restore with the options
> you selected in Image for Linux. When using IFL GUI, you can save the
> command line to a script file or TBScript (.TBS) file that runs Image for
> Linux by clicking the Save to File button and then clicking OK. The command
> line can be edited* before being saved.
>
> This option doesn't seem to be present when performing a restore.
>
> What am I missing?
>
> TIA
> KIWI
It sounds like you are selecting Automatic (the default) rather than a Normal restore. You would need to select a Normal restore to get the Show/Save command options.
Re: Show Command - IFL 2.92 GUI
Thanks for the reply. Yes, you are 100% correct!