Page 1 of 1
Which for Win 8.1?
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:34 pm
by Walter B
Which "flavor" (IFW, IFD, IFL) works best with Windows 8.1 Pro x64 installed
on the machine? Which for Restore? There are so many options, I'm getting
confused.
Thanks.
Re: Which for Win 8.1?
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:22 pm
by TeraByte Support(PP)
If it's UEFI you'll probably need to use IFL or IFW (TBWinRE) for restores. Otherwise, unless there's something about the system that prevents a version from working properly, it's more a matter of personal preference or specific requirements. For example, one version may be faster than another or have better hardware support.
I generally create backups in Windows using IFW and use TBWinRE or IFL GUI for restores.
Re: Which for Win 8.1?
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:55 pm
by Walter B
Thanks. I'm not sure I like the UEFI at all -- or Win 8.1!
"TeraByte Support (PP)" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
> If it's UEFI you'll probably need to use IFL or IFW (TBWinRE) for
> restores. Otherwise, unless there's something about the system that
> prevents a version from working properly, it's more a matter of personal
> preference or specific requirements. For example, one version may be
> faster than another or have better hardware support.
>
> I generally create backups in Windows using IFW and use TBWinRE or IFL GUI
> for restores.
>
>
Re: Which for Win 8.1?
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:46 pm
by krum09
I use IFW and use TBWinPE, for both.
Just thought I would reply.
Chris
Re: Which for Win 8.1?
Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:24 pm
by Walter B
Thanks, all. I will have to learn to make TBWinPE.
"krum09" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
>I use IFW and use TBWinPE, for both.
> Just thought I would reply.
>
> Chris
>
>
Re: Which for Win 8.1?
Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:33 pm
by TeraByte Support(PP)
I'd try TBWinRE first since it's installed with IFW and doesn't require a big download.
Re: Which for Win 8.1?
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:42 am
by Walter B
Thanks for that clarification. My project for next week. Is there a
tutorial?
"TeraByte Support (PP)" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
> I'd try TBWinRE first since it's installed with IFW and doesn't require a
> big download.
>
>
Re: Which for Win 8.1?
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:45 am
by TeraByte Support(PP)
Re: Which for Win 8.1?
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:52 pm
by Walter B
Thanks
"TeraByte Support (PP)" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
> The TBWinRE tutorial is here:
>
> [
> http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/howto/ ... torial.htm
> ](http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/howto/tbwinre_tutorial.htm)
>
>
>