Window8.1 installs
Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:12 pm
Hello,
I've installed quite a few windows XP, Vista and 7 using BING and BIBM over the past five years or so without any difficulties.
However, of late, I'm running into problems with window8.1 installs, probably due to an oversight of some sort on my part.
I can't seem to install windows8.1 without it installing it's boot file to another drive or partition.
During the installation a screen comes up and tells me that windows "may install the boot files to another partition" and click OK to proceed.
There's no option to install to the same partition as the install.
Also HIDE in partition works does not work for me during the installation. All partitions show in the install.
HIDE only works in the OS's allready installed.
Windows8.1 seems to be more invasive, if that I can use that term, with its installing.
My question is; Is there a procedure to install windows8.1 in a multiple boot configuration without it messing up other OS's and not placing the boot files to another partition?
Thanks
Bernard Boonstra
I've installed quite a few windows XP, Vista and 7 using BING and BIBM over the past five years or so without any difficulties.
However, of late, I'm running into problems with window8.1 installs, probably due to an oversight of some sort on my part.
I can't seem to install windows8.1 without it installing it's boot file to another drive or partition.
During the installation a screen comes up and tells me that windows "may install the boot files to another partition" and click OK to proceed.
There's no option to install to the same partition as the install.
Also HIDE in partition works does not work for me during the installation. All partitions show in the install.
HIDE only works in the OS's allready installed.
Windows8.1 seems to be more invasive, if that I can use that term, with its installing.
My question is; Is there a procedure to install windows8.1 in a multiple boot configuration without it messing up other OS's and not placing the boot files to another partition?
Thanks
Bernard Boonstra