Page 1 of 1

Creating Boot DVD for Windows 8.1

Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:48 am
by deckie49
What a nightmare! So as far as I can tell from reading the knowledge base and trying to follow the forum, creating a boot disk that will work on 8.1 requires TBWinRE. Is that correct? When I try to run TBWinRE.cmd as administrator, The command window briefly flashes, then closes, and it is empty. I am not a computer geek so this stuff is rather confusing to me.....and I must say irritating too. I'm sure the problem is something I am missing. Could someone please give me a hand with this? Thanks

Re: Creating Boot DVD for Windows 8.1

Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:02 am
by Brian K
deckie49 wrote:
> So as far as I can tell from reading the knowledge base
> and trying to follow the forum, creating a boot disk that will work on 8.1
> requires TBWinRE. Is that correct?

I have Win8.1 and all 3 apps work as recovery disks. MBR or UEFI mode.

http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=572

Re: Creating Boot DVD for Windows 8.1

Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:13 am
by TeraByte Support(PP)
If there's an unexpected error and the Command Prompt window is closing, you'll need to run the script from an already running Command Prompt instead of from Explorer:

1. Open an Administrator Command Prompt.
2. Change to the folder with TBWinRE. For example, run "cd /d e:\tbwinre" at the prompt (exclude the quotes).
3. Run "tbwinre" at the prompt (exclude the quotes).
4. Is there any error information shown?

If you haven't already, reading the tutorial may: http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/howto/ ... torial.htm

Re: Creating Boot DVD for Windows 8.1

Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:02 pm
by Bob Coleman
deckie49 wrote:
> ... creating a boot disk that will work on 8.1 requires TBWinRE. Is that correct?

I don't think so. See http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/ucf/vi ... f=4&t=1312 .