Moderators,
Please consider changing the search engine in this board to allow for normal searching. I typed in "windows 8 can't restore". All I got was a message that the search terms were "too short" or "too common". A search engine that ignores terms under 3 characters or common words does not seem very helpful. does it?
Searching in this forum board
Re: Searching in this forum board
On Wed, 30 Oct 2013 13:18:41 PDT, deckie49 wrote:
> Moderators,
> Please consider changing the search engine in this board to allow for normal searching.
I typed in "windows 8 can't restore". All I got was a message that the
search terms were "too short" or "too common". A search engine that ignores
terms under 3 characters or common words does not seem very helpful. does
it?
Perhaps you could try using google as a workaround and limit its search to
terabyte by using the search term (for your case):-
windows 8 can't restore site:terabyteunlimited.com
I think this will give you what you want (it looked pretty promising when I
tried it).
Cheers,
John S
> Moderators,
> Please consider changing the search engine in this board to allow for normal searching.
I typed in "windows 8 can't restore". All I got was a message that the
search terms were "too short" or "too common". A search engine that ignores
terms under 3 characters or common words does not seem very helpful. does
it?
Perhaps you could try using google as a workaround and limit its search to
terabyte by using the search term (for your case):-
windows 8 can't restore site:terabyteunlimited.com
I think this will give you what you want (it looked pretty promising when I
tried it).
Cheers,
John S
Re: Searching in this forum board
john,
thank you. yes, that is a good "work around". but still, why make it so complicated? the whole purpose of computers is to make things easier, better. and we are the humans who supposedly are configuring the computers to do our bidding, right?? just make the search engine do our bidding. make it more user friendly! don't settle for work-arounds!
thank you. yes, that is a good "work around". but still, why make it so complicated? the whole purpose of computers is to make things easier, better. and we are the humans who supposedly are configuring the computers to do our bidding, right?? just make the search engine do our bidding. make it more user friendly! don't settle for work-arounds!