Page 1 of 1
IFW: Email failure
Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:25 am
by FlyingHorse
I'm trying to troubleshoot an problem with IFW failing to send emails. In the log I get the error:
"Email send failure 97 - Socket Error 0x0"
I'm not sure what that means exactly. Is there a way to test the email function separately?
Re: IFW: Email failure
Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:04 am
by TeraByte Support(PP)
I usually use a validation on a very small image for testing.
What options are you using? Have you double-checked the information is correct?
What is the email server? Does it work with a different server?
If you post your command line or options make sure not to post personal/private information.
If your parameters are correct you may be running into a known issue with the response from the server (should be fixed in the next update).
Re: IFW: Email failure
Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:20 am
by FlyingHorse
I've double checked the parameters and I believe them to be correct.
This is my Email setting from my IFW.ini file:
Email=server3125.server.com*
[email protected]*
[email protected]*IFW Backup Completed (ComputerName)][IFW Backup Failed (Error: ~ec~) (ComputerName)*25*
[email protected]*password
I believe that the above is formatted correctly. I can email a packet capture if that would be helpful.
Re: IFW: Email failure
Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:25 pm
by TeraByte Support(PP)
Were you able to test sending to a different email server?
Re: Email failure
Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:53 pm
by TeraByte Support
There is a pending change that will take affect in the next version that may
solve that for you - occurs if the server sending multiple line messages
during the helo/ehlo
"FlyingHorse" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
I'm trying to troubleshoot an problem with IFW failing to send emails. In
the log I get the error:
"Email send failure 97 - Socket Error 0x0"
I'm not sure what that means exactly. Is there a way to test the email
function separately?