Automate a Linux Backup
-
badams_ios
- Posts: 42
- Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 6:53 pm
Automate a Linux Backup
I run Linux Mint and I want to use Terabyte to makie a full backup of it once a month, while once a week I want to backups what's changed. I want to do it automatically. Anyone know of an article, or can supply the steps? New to linux, but I've been using Terabyte with Windows since version 1.2 or something like that.
-
TeraByte Support
- Posts: 4105
- Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm
Re: Automate a Linux Backup
That article you found has the process, but the specifics with dealing with
grub will be different if not using the older GRUB version. That article
needs to be updated for the grub2 specifics. I presume that will be
occurring soon...
"badams_ios" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
I run Linux Mint and I want to use Terabyte to makie a full backup of it
once a month, while once a week I want to backups what's changed. I want to
do it automatically. Anyone know of an article, or can supply the steps? New
to linux, but I've been using Terabyte with Windows since version 1.2 or
something like that.
grub will be different if not using the older GRUB version. That article
needs to be updated for the grub2 specifics. I presume that will be
occurring soon...
"badams_ios" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
I run Linux Mint and I want to use Terabyte to makie a full backup of it
once a month, while once a week I want to backups what's changed. I want to
do it automatically. Anyone know of an article, or can supply the steps? New
to linux, but I've been using Terabyte with Windows since version 1.2 or
something like that.