Page 1 of 1
2008 pdf for automating linux backup
Posted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:55 pm
by badams_ios
There is an article from 2008 on how to automate a backup on linux (
http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=354) but I don't want to play with an artivle that's 5 years old until I've confirmation that It'll work with a modern system.
Is it safe?
Re: 2008 pdf for automating linux backup
Posted: Wed May 29, 2013 10:50 pm
by TeraByte Support(TP)
badams_ios wrote:
> There is an article from 2008 on how to automate a backup on linux
> (
http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=354) but I don't want
> to play with an artivle that's 5 years old until I've confirmation that
> It'll work with a modern system.
>
> Is it safe?
A significant part of that article deals with configurng and working with Grub, and that's out of date because it's covers the old version Grub (called Grub legacy now). The article is intended for users who run a Linux distro as their OS, and want to set up a Grub menu item to boot into IFL from, do a backup with IFL, then reboot back into the Linux OS.
Re: 2008 pdf for automating linux backup
Posted: Fri May 31, 2013 8:16 pm
by badams_ios
As I feared. How does one automate a linux backup? I want to do one full one x often, and what's changed between without having to intervene.
Re: 2008 pdf for automating linux backup
Posted: Fri May 31, 2013 8:54 pm
by Brian K
Re: 2008 pdf for automating linux backup
Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:48 am
by badams_ios
Automating a LINUX backup!
Re: 2008 pdf for automating linux backup
Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:22 am
by Brian K
badams_ios wrote:
> Automating a LINUX backup!
OK. No Windows partition. You can create an IFL partition which will run an auto script to backup your Mint. Instructions are in the IFL download.