IFL & Windows 8 0xc000000e error
IFL & Windows 8 0xc000000e error
I'm using IFL GUI v2.80 on a USB stick. When I boot I get "A required device is inaccessible. Error 0xc000000e."
The computer is running Windows 8 in AHCI mode, but even if I turn this off, I still get the same error message.
Booting IFL from CDROM works fine though. Obviously, I would prefer to leave a USB stick plugged in rather than a CD left in the drive.
Same setup in Windows 7 also works fine.
The computer is running Windows 8 in AHCI mode, but even if I turn this off, I still get the same error message.
Booting IFL from CDROM works fine though. Obviously, I would prefer to leave a USB stick plugged in rather than a CD left in the drive.
Same setup in Windows 7 also works fine.
-
TeraByte Support
- Posts: 4105
- Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm
Re: IFL & Windows 8 0xc000000e error
it's not booting from the USB stick or the method you used to create the
stick the BIOS doesn't like.
You may want to create it in a different method if the default doesn't work
for you. Try using a partition instead of non-partition (or GPT option if
it's a UEFI system - although just partition is enough for most).
"caleula" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
I'm using IFL GUI v2.80 on a USB stick. When I boot I get "A required device
is inaccessible. Error 0xc000000e."
The computer is running Windows 8 in AHCI mode, but even if I turn this off,
I still get the same error message.
Booting IFL from CDROM works fine though. Obviously, I would prefer to leave
a USB stick plugged in rather than a CD left in the drive.
Same setup in Windows 7 also works fine.
stick the BIOS doesn't like.
You may want to create it in a different method if the default doesn't work
for you. Try using a partition instead of non-partition (or GPT option if
it's a UEFI system - although just partition is enough for most).
"caleula" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
I'm using IFL GUI v2.80 on a USB stick. When I boot I get "A required device
is inaccessible. Error 0xc000000e."
The computer is running Windows 8 in AHCI mode, but even if I turn this off,
I still get the same error message.
Booting IFL from CDROM works fine though. Obviously, I would prefer to leave
a USB stick plugged in rather than a CD left in the drive.
Same setup in Windows 7 also works fine.
-
TeraByte Support
- Posts: 4105
- Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm
Re: IFL & Windows 8 0xc000000e error
BTW - update to 2.81 which supports secure boot.
"TeraByte Support" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
it's not booting from the USB stick or the method you used to create the
stick the BIOS doesn't like.
You may want to create it in a different method if the default doesn't work
for you. Try using a partition instead of non-partition (or GPT option if
it's a UEFI system - although just partition is enough for most).
"caleula" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
I'm using IFL GUI v2.80 on a USB stick. When I boot I get "A required device
is inaccessible. Error 0xc000000e."
The computer is running Windows 8 in AHCI mode, but even if I turn this off,
I still get the same error message.
Booting IFL from CDROM works fine though. Obviously, I would prefer to leave
a USB stick plugged in rather than a CD left in the drive.
Same setup in Windows 7 also works fine.
"TeraByte Support" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
it's not booting from the USB stick or the method you used to create the
stick the BIOS doesn't like.
You may want to create it in a different method if the default doesn't work
for you. Try using a partition instead of non-partition (or GPT option if
it's a UEFI system - although just partition is enough for most).
"caleula" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
I'm using IFL GUI v2.80 on a USB stick. When I boot I get "A required device
is inaccessible. Error 0xc000000e."
The computer is running Windows 8 in AHCI mode, but even if I turn this off,
I still get the same error message.
Booting IFL from CDROM works fine though. Obviously, I would prefer to leave
a USB stick plugged in rather than a CD left in the drive.
Same setup in Windows 7 also works fine.
Re: IFL & Windows 8 0xc000000e error
Thanks. Tried using a partition, but no go. Same error message.
Only difference is one computer is a Dell Precision 390 and this one is a Dell OptiPlex 755 Tower. Both are set to AHCI.
The 390 works fine, the 755 doesn't.
Will try v2.81.
Only difference is one computer is a Dell Precision 390 and this one is a Dell OptiPlex 755 Tower. Both are set to AHCI.
The 390 works fine, the 755 doesn't.
Will try v2.81.
Re: IFL & Windows 8 0xc000000e error
Okay. Now using v2.81.
MBR FAT/FAT32 Partition and same with [Int13h Extensions] boot first time around and then revert to the error message.
MBR UEFI System Partition doesn't see the USB I assume as I have the older BIOS.
A debug Hex dump would be nice.
MBR FAT/FAT32 Partition and same with [Int13h Extensions] boot first time around and then revert to the error message.
MBR UEFI System Partition doesn't see the USB I assume as I have the older BIOS.
A debug Hex dump would be nice.
-
TeraByte Support
- Posts: 4105
- Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm
Re: IFL & Windows 8 0xc000000e error
nothing should change on the boot so if it boots once it should keep
booting - maybe try a cold boot (power off and back on).
"caleula" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
Okay. Now using v2.81.
MBR FAT/FAT32 Partition and same with [Int13h Extensions] boot first time
around and then revert to the error message.
MBR UEFI System Partition doesn't see the USB I assume as I have the older
BIOS.
A debug Hex dump would be nice.
booting - maybe try a cold boot (power off and back on).
"caleula" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
Okay. Now using v2.81.
MBR FAT/FAT32 Partition and same with [Int13h Extensions] boot first time
around and then revert to the error message.
MBR UEFI System Partition doesn't see the USB I assume as I have the older
BIOS.
A debug Hex dump would be nice.
Re: IFL & Windows 8 0xc000000e error
TeraByte Support wrote:
> nothing should change on the boot so if it boots once it should keep
> booting - maybe try a cold boot (power off and back on).
>
Okay, a cold boot worked, but then it gets weird. F2 [BIOS] and F12 [Boot Options] no longer work after I exit IFL. It boots straight into Windows 8.
Had to do another cold boot and F2 into BIOS to check that the settings hadn't changed. They hadn't, but as soon as I exit BIOS, it still boots straight into Windows.
The F2 and F12 keys now only work after a cold boot instead of any boot.
After a Restart from Windows, the F2 and F12 keys no longer function.
??????
> nothing should change on the boot so if it boots once it should keep
> booting - maybe try a cold boot (power off and back on).
>
Okay, a cold boot worked, but then it gets weird. F2 [BIOS] and F12 [Boot Options] no longer work after I exit IFL. It boots straight into Windows 8.
Had to do another cold boot and F2 into BIOS to check that the settings hadn't changed. They hadn't, but as soon as I exit BIOS, it still boots straight into Windows.
The F2 and F12 keys now only work after a cold boot instead of any boot.
After a Restart from Windows, the F2 and F12 keys no longer function.
??????
-
TeraByte Support
- Posts: 4105
- Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm
Re: IFL & Windows 8 0xc000000e error
Something up with your BIOS.
"caleula" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
Okay, a cold boot worked, but then it gets weird. F2 [BIOS] and F12 [Boot
Options] no longer work after I exit IFL. It boots straight into Windows 8.
Had to do another cold boot and F2 into BIOS to check that the settings
hadn't changed. They hadn't, but as soon as I exit BIOS, it still boots
straight into Windows.
The F2 and F12 keys now only work after a cold boot instead of any boot.
After a Restart from Windows, the F2 and F12 keys no longer function.
??????
"caleula" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
Okay, a cold boot worked, but then it gets weird. F2 [BIOS] and F12 [Boot
Options] no longer work after I exit IFL. It boots straight into Windows 8.
Had to do another cold boot and F2 into BIOS to check that the settings
hadn't changed. They hadn't, but as soon as I exit BIOS, it still boots
straight into Windows.
The F2 and F12 keys now only work after a cold boot instead of any boot.
After a Restart from Windows, the F2 and F12 keys no longer function.
??????
Re: IFL & Windows 8 0xc000000e error
"Something up with your BIOS."
After I remove the USB stick, the F2 and F12 keys function again.
Repeat. Nothing has changed in the BIOS.
After I remove the USB stick, the F2 and F12 keys function again.
Repeat. Nothing has changed in the BIOS.
Re: IFL & Windows 8 0xc000000e error
TeraByte Support wrote:
> Something up with your BIOS.
>
Tried setting the BIOS to defaults. No difference.
Only boots IFL from a CD, not a USB stick
Running out of ideas.
> Something up with your BIOS.
>
Tried setting the BIOS to defaults. No difference.
Only boots IFL from a CD, not a USB stick
Running out of ideas.